Rad Reading September

This month I chose to read the book called “the cat who went to Heaven.” by Elizabeth Coatsworth. This book is about a poor Japanese artist, whose housekeeper got a calico cat for good luck and named it Good Fortune. The cat is very well-behaved and watches the artist draw every day. The artist is drawing a picture of Budda with all the animals Budda was reincarnated as while the Good Fortune was just admiring.

I really enjoyed this book because it told be about Budda more and how he was and acted. It also showed me how it was in Japan in the 1930s. I think if you’re a person who really enjoys learning about the past or animals you would enjoy reading this book.

My favorite character has to be the cat Good Fortune, she is my favorite character because she is so calm and well-mannered all throughout the book. To show that she is very calm this is a quote from the book “sat quietly in the sun, ate as little as she could.” shows that she’s trying to be polite because they don’t have that many foods and she’s trying to not eat as much.

My favorite quote about this book has to be “Good Fortune looked on with the greatest respect and admiration.” (on page 31) This quote is my favorite because it shows how respect is earned.

One thought on “Rad Reading September

1. Nice job!
    Remember that if you italicize a title, it does not need quotation marks and it does not need a period at the end of the title either. 🙂